In 2014, the Westford Friends of Recreation opened a campaign to bring a multi-purpose recreation & community center to the town of Westford.
A recreation and community center would provide a central location for residents and visitors to enjoy high quality fitness, education, arts and culture, aquatics, recreation and social opportunities. This facility would serve as a year-round central gathering place for community members of all ages and interests.
A recreation & community center could contain the following amenities:
- Aquatic facility which could be enjoyed by young and old alike as well as by our 3 time state champion high school swim team
- Provide an indoor rowing tank to support our growing community of rowers
- Indoor track and gymnasium
- Strength and conditioning facilities
- Community meeting rooms
- Office space for town recreation staff
The benefits of such a facility are many. Among them are:
- Promote health and wellness through recreational, fitness, and educational programming to a multi-generational population
- Job creation
- An economic stimulus for local businesses and partnership opportunities for businesses to offer services at the center
- New business attraction
- Year-round boost to tourism and leisure retail industry
- Provide recreation services to financially challenged residents
- A catalyst for improving community togetherness
- Reduction in health problems and costs
- Teen recreation opportunities
- Increased property values and tax revenues
- After school opportunities for children
- Make Westford an even better place to live!
We are very excited to see the recreation center become a reality, but we will need the support of the community to make it a reality. If you have not done so already please consider joining the Westford Friends of Recreation. Signing up is free and easy. We will keep you informed as the campaign progresses. You may sign up using this link.
If you have already joined the Friends please consider making a donation. Donations are always appreciated and are tax deductible. If you would like to donate please use our secure donation page here.
Thank you so much for your support!
* Westford Recreation Center Campaign logo designed by WA student Dylan Crocker. See other work by Dylan at http://dylancrocker.carbonmade.com/